Friday, March 2, 2012

SOLSC: Date Night - A letter to my husband

Dear Johnathan,

I just wanted to thank you for taking me out on a date last night. I know we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like, but when you take extra time out for me it makes me feel oh so special. While I can be a stickler for all of my equal rights as a woman, I have to admit I really like it when you open the car door for me.

I know when we go out on a date we usually do something I want to do (shopping). And even though I pester you constantly about what you want to do or where you want to go, I ultimately end up making the decisions and I can't always tell if that's because you really don't have an opinion or if you just want me to do what I want because that makes you (and me) happy. Either way, you're a good man :)

You are not a man of many words, Mister, but the ones you say mean so much that they hold me over until the next time. Sometimes I think that's a good thing because we both can't talk all the time and I KNOW I do more than my fair share. I know that when you do say what's on your mind you have thought it through many times with consideration for the little family we have (the two of us and the dog).

I probably don't say it enough, but I appreciate you. I appreciate that you get up early and go to work an hour away to put a roof over us and feed us. I appreciate that I don't ever have to worry if our bills are paid on time, because you plan for those things. I know I tease you about it, but your spreadsheet method to manage our finances shows your methodical planning and makes me feel at ease.

I know I don't cook enough, or clean enough, but you never make me feel like I am not enough. Thank you for that. Thank you for letting me have my meltdowns and then passing me the tissues. Thank you for letting me chase my dreams and still come home to a glass of wine and a smile.

I love that you love me.


2 comments:

Hope and Carrie said...

Beautiful!
~Hope

Ruth Ayres said...

So sweet...especially that last line. :)
Ruth