Friday, April 8, 2011

Accomplishments

I don't usually take to the blog to talk much about my personal accomplishments (surprised?). However, there are a few I would like to share here because I think I need to be more positive in terms of what I can achieve when I try :)

1. The yearbook was "final-ed" on time! Yippee!

2. I may actually finish on the upswing of yearbook money-wise. This is HUGE for our program, let me tell you :)

3. I have been accepted to attend a Summer Institute through the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) called Crafting Freedom. The Institute is in Chapel Hill, so it was a no-brainer to apply! I'm excited about being in the area for 6 days and hoping to see friends while I'm there (that's June 23-28 if you're interested).

4. Today at our Spring yearbook workshop, I was honored with the Most Outstanding First Year Adviser award. Rest assured I will be acquiring a frame for that certificate!

It's the little things, I know. But don't we all need the little pick-me-ups every now and then? We have to work to find the sunlight sometimes, but it's so pretty when we do :)


1 comment:

Amanda S said...

All your news is awesome...but the yearbook money is amazing! I remember selling ads being such a big deal with friends who were on yearbook committee and it always sounded like they barely had enough money to publish. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! Everyone deserves to pat their own back every once in a while.