Sunday, March 6, 2011

SOLSC Day 6: A lovely, lazy Sunday

My husband and I were on a sort of getaway this weekend in the time that I wasn't at Teacher Academy. We awoke this morning to rain, and lots of it. I love the sound of rain, the way it soothes me and just eases me back to sleep. It speaks to me, "go on, don't worry about doing anything productive today, just enjoy being surrounded by pillows and snuggled in covers." This morning I listened to the rain's voice and drifted in and out of sleep for an extra hour or so before finally getting out of bed and getting ready to check out of the hotel.

We enjoyed brunch at Cracker Barrel close to the hotel and I was surprised that even at 10am on a Sunday morning we were able to walk right in and get a table. Now, I know that I'm relatively newly-wed (3 and 1/2 years), but I never get tired of having a long meal with my husband and just talking about nothing, like UNC's big win over Duke last night (which I attribute to my now-classic poem, ha!).

We spent the rest of the morning shopping and I discovered the wonder that is tj maxx! They had super cute clothes for all sizes and shapes, and we got some great deals on Ralph Lauren polos for Johnathan to wear to work. I was well-behaved at the store and didn't buy anything for myself :) But then, we went to Old Navy...

and I wasn't so "good."

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for a cute outfit, especially when I can make it work with multiple pieces. Teaching, while not the most profitable profession, does encourage me to dress well, and I get bored easily with wearing the same old stuff, so I took advantage of a good sale today and am ready for warm weather to return so I can rock these new clothes!

We finally got home around 2pm today and were greeted by one excited, face licking dog :) I have to admit I missed her, even though she can be a holy terror sometimes, haha! And then suddenly it was back to reality: laundry and dishes and what are we going to pack for lunch tomorrow and are our clothes ironed? But I guess I love that part of my life, too.

So I'm 6 days into this Slice of Life Story Challenge and I have to say that I think I'm getting better at it as the days go on; let's hope the good writing continues!

Have a GREAT week!


1 comment:

elsie said...

Isn't it nice to be able to suspend reality for a period of time? Now, you just have to wait for the weather to let you "rock the new clothes." Enjoyed reading your slice.