Saturday, March 5, 2011

SOLSC Day 4: Catching up

I did not get a chance to blog yesterday *puts nose in corner*
So I'm treating you to a music review of an album I recently purchased, then I'm doing my Slice for today back to back. Double bonus!

I downloaded Adele's album "21" on itunes and got a chance to spend some time listening to it on my way to Teacher Academy in Concord. The opening track, "Rolling in the Deep" is amazing! It has a peppy tempo and I just love the soul of Adele's voice combined with the jazzy feel. This is the perfect music for me when I'm cooking or enjoying a glass of wine and unwinding after a long day. I also like the infusion of the gospel choir sound in the track "Take it All" and of course I'm going to like any song called "I Found a Boy." I highly recommend this album to anyone who likes John Mayer, Michael Buble and others in that genre.

What's your favorite kind of background music? I don't mean to say that Adele's music doesn't deserve attention, because it does, but it's the kind that you don't necessarily sing along with as much as you just enjoy being immersed in while you think or relax. There isn't much music like that in my house, as I'm a shower/car/anywhere singer and perpetual hummer :)

Musically,

No comments: