Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet Summer

I did it.

I finished another school year!! *cue applause*
WOOHOO!!

I have to admit, I'm a little pleased with myself. A lot of change has happened this year both personally and professionally and I think I've grown because of all of it, good bad and ugly. I'm really grateful to have a fabulous teacher and friend on each side of me on the hall :) I am slowly defining who I am as part of the faculty and even though it's been slow going, I think it's finally developing.

Graduation is tomorrow (Saturday) and I will get to see some of my honors students as Junior Marshals and the group of Seniors I taught this year will be doing the walk. I'm incredibly proud of them for coming this far. It wasn't easy for some, but thank goodness they made it!

I have a lot of plans for the summer travel-wise. I hope to get back to a few hobbies (ha! who ever knew I had any?) that have fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years. Sad, I know :( Hopefully I will be reconnecting with writing, scrapbooking and of course I'll be reading books! Maybe I will even get around to writing about some of the hobbies I undertake. We'll see ;)

I think this is the beginning of a fantastic summer.

No comments: