Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Playlist

You know, there is just some music that must be played in the summertime. I am one of those people who needs her music to match her mood. So, here's my summer playlist for 2010 (thus far)
  • Alejandro, Lady GaGa: I really like the almost 80s/90s vibe a la Ace of Base this one has. Oh, and the line "just light my cigarette and hush" is pretty awesome :)
  • California Girls, Katy Perry: What's not to love about this song? Except for the fact that I would NEVER rock the Daisy Dukes and Bikinis on Top. Favorite line: "Sun kissed skin so hot it'll melt your popsicle"
  • Whataya Want From Me, Adam Lambert: I have loved him since American Idol. He's fierce!
  • When We Were Beautiful, Bon Jovi: From the album "The Circle". Has a really nice vibe for driving.
  • Fast Cars and Freedom, Rascal Flatts: one of my all time favorite songs by this band. SCREAMS summer!!
  • Piece of Me, Britney Spears: Come on, is any summer playlist complete without something from everyone's favorite pop star train wreck?
  • Fearless, Colbie Calliat: This song really helped me get through Johnathan's initial diagnosis and treatment. I've included it here as a reminder of how far we have come as a family and how strong my husband is and will continue to be.
  • Like a Prayer, Glee Cast Version: 2 things I love combined: this classic Madonna tune and my favorite show on television. And, the mix itself is actually amazing!!
  • Battlefield, Jordin Sparks: Another American Idol alum I love. This girl has some serious pipes! This song has an awesome bass and was made to be turned up LOUD!
  • Gasoline, Rob Thomas: Rob Thomas is good in Matchbox 20, and just as good as a solo artist. This song has some great lyrics and shows off his vocals nicely :)
What are YOUR summer hits? Leave them in the comments!

No comments: