Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 In Review

A day or two late, as usual. But hey, I'm back in the blogosphere because this is the time to make resolutions (also known as promises with really good intent that you usually don't keep), and so now I'm on the bandwagon, for now :) Anyway, better late than never, the 2011 Year In Review post.

11 Things to Remember about 2011
  1. Johnathan's 1 year follow up colonoscopy showed nothing! Woohoo, no cancer here!
  2. I completed and published my first edition of the WLHS yearbook as the adviser, and was recognized as Outstanding First Year Adviser at HJ.
  3. I had the opportunity to travel to New York City and see a Broadway production, Ground Zero, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and so much more!
  4. I blogged every day during the month of March for Slice of Life month.
  5. We bought a Canon Rebel DSLR and I'm going to try my hand at photography!
  6. I read a LOT of books. Check out the To Be Read pile waiting on me now!
  7. I completed my add-on license in School Administration, qualifying me to pursue positions as Assistant Principal, etc.
  8. I attended a week-long workshop in beautiful Chapel Hill, NC as part of the National Endowment for the Humanities. I learned so much and had a wonderful time visiting my Alma Mater.
  9. More about books! I met Beth Revis, Victoria Schwab, Myra McEntire, Michelle Hodkin, John Green, Ellen Hopkins and David Levithan this year. Holy freakin' cow!!
  10. I completed my streak of seeing all the Harry Potter films in the theater and said goodbye, bittersweetly, to 10 magical years of my reading life.
  11. Johnathan and I celebrated our 4th year of marriage by attending a real live rock concert :D

2011 wasn't too shabby, and I'm looking forward to what 2012 is bringing: babies for many friends, a new part-time job teaching at the college level, a record setting fundraising year for our Relay for Life team, and so much more.

Wishing you the very best in 2012,




No comments: