Thursday, July 21, 2011

Completion

Well, I can mark another item off my lifetime to-do list: graduate school.
Last night I attended my last class as a grad student at Appalachian State University. I started my MA in Curriculum and Instruction in August of 2008, and participated in the Commencement exercises for that degree in May 2010. The following fall, I went back to ASU to add a license in School Administration to my credentials. I completed over 600 hours of intern time in my school and through coursework. In the last 8 weeks I have written 6 evidence documents proving I have the know how to be licensed as a school administrator K-12. Aside from my vacation, I would suppose that's why I haven't been blogging as actively as I would like. Those documents have been submitted for review and I should know if I will be awarded the license in about a week or so.

I am SO relieved to be finished with all of the coursework. I'm actually, dare I say it, looking forward to just focusing on my regular classroom job and my work within my school, including yearbook and Relay for Life. I'm looking at this as both an end and a beginning. In the grand scheme of things (go ahead, call me an overachiever), I taking classes for the majority of my life. I took one year off (my first year in the classroom) and then went right back to night classes and summer school. I'm not sure what I'll do with the time! Well, I'll probably read more books ;)

For now, I'm kicking back and enjoying a lemonade and the rest of my summer vacation. My birthday is next week and we are going to have a blast celebrating! I can't wait to spend some quality time with my family without the looming licensure documents. It will be nice to just be a teacher for a while and not a student, too!

No comments: