Thursday, June 16, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do!

From my summer reading blog:
I've done it again.
I've done that thing where I convince myself that I
must read this book/article/series and if I don't finish or I don't like it then I'm somewhat subhuman. This time, it was the Mortal Instruments series. As I said in my last post I had walked away from the book before and had recently returned to it. This is my breakup letter. It's over, for good!

Mortal Instruments,
You were fun for the first few pages, after I got past the confusion about the many characters, visible and invisible. Human and not-so-much. But I can't go on!! I'm sorry, Jace and Clary, but I need a break from you and all your werewolf-vampire-rune-spell-shadowhunter drama! Sometimes you just have to walk away for the sake of your sanity and continued reading life. This is one of those times. It's not you; well, yes it is.

Love, Me


I can't waste any more time drudging through this book/series for the sake of saying I read it. I have to keep moving or I'll never get through the rest of the
huge stack of books on my desk marked "to read". There are so many that I've picked up along the way saying And you're not reading this to know what book I'm whining about, are you? No! You're reading because you want to know what I'm actually reading, not pretending to read!

Next on my list is finishing Lauren Oliver's
Delirium, which is wonderful so far. I will definitely let you know when I finish it and give it the review it deserves!

1 comment:

Amanda S said...

Sometimes I've been afraid to tell my elementary kids it's okay to put down a book, because they'll start putting all of them down. But we do talk about when it's appropriate to stop reading and find something better. Sadly, I've had to put a few down lately cause they just weren't what I wanted to read at the time.