Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Book Blogging!

Woohoo!
I have wanted to do this for so long, but I really couldn't think of a good way to go about accomplishing what I wanted to do. But I think I'm on to something here. At the top of the main screen you should see a new page called Summer Reading 2011.

A colleague of mine had the idea to blog about the books that we read over the summer over on our school website. Sounds like an awesome idea to me! I think it will provide me with the outlet to do the writing AND the accountability to continue to share what I'm reading. So I'm super super excited! I will be sharing those same posts here so that whoever reads the blog regularly can access the book posts all in the same place without having to navigate our school website. Please, leave me your recommendations as the summer progresses; while I do have a wish list of books I want to acquire I'm always looking for something new, too!

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

Graceling and Wicked Lovely are on my list, as are Ink Exchange (also by Melissa Marr), The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (if I can take the zombies), and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.

I'm over halfway through Rachel Cohn and David Levithan's Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and I'm sure that Naomi and Ely's No-Kiss List isn't far behind.

I also have a book and a half left in The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Then on to Clockwork Angel.

I've been wanting to revisit Christopher Paolini's books because I never got around to reading Brisingr.

Oh, and Chains and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.

The upside is that all of these except Brisingr and Clockwork Angel are in my possession already. :)

(I hate that blogger comments don't allow underlines. Grrr.)