Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Zero Goal #33: Bake and Decorate Cupcakes


Over the weekend my uncle John brought his wife Jenny and their three children to visit us. They live in Mississippi, so the visits are few and far between. The twin girls are just a year old, and this was my first time meeting them :)

In our family there are lots of birthdays and anniversaries between July and mid-August, so naturally we were ready to celebrate since everyone would be together for a few short days. My contribution to the soiree: cupcakes!


Now, I pretty much did the most amateur job anyone could do decorating these babies with a piping bag, because I had NO idea what I was doing. As a side note, the cake on the right is NOT my handiwork ;)

It was a good experience for me in terms of learning about decorating a cake, and excites me even more about taking an actual class at some point. I loved the cupcake tower we had, and it makes me a little sentimental in a way...the way that says "I can't wait to have kids so I can throw them birthday parties!"




My brother's fiance, the lovely Cameon, also did her share of cupcaking :) I think hers look way better than mine. But hey, that's one more goal off the list!

Added bonus: my husband holding Madison, one of the twins. Those little ones are so sweet, and I always love to see Johnathan holding a baby girl!


1 comment:

Carly Beam said...

Awesome job with the cupcakes! I'd eat them!!