Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Project

My friend Erin blogs about the books she reads. She is attempting to read and blog 100 books this year. You can see her site on my blogroll.

I really want to spend more time on this blog, and part of the problem is that I feel it has lost some direction. At first, the blog was a place for us to update about our home's renovations because so many of our friends and family don't live close enough to us to come and see it as it develops. But a combination of completing lots of our projects and a time crunch seemed to make this topic fade away.

Then I tried writing about our lives in general. Lots of things happened to us in 2009, and I was glad to see it go.

I found myself pretty excited to write about my summer reading list (so far) and here's what I'm throwing out for a new exploration: book reviews.

I just purchased the Barnes and Noble nook, and I'm super excited about reading so many books so quickly. Over our weekend adventure with Matt and Erin, we went to Ed McKay, which is the best used book store I've ever laid eyes on. It's my one must-see every time we are in Greensboro. I picked up some new books (to me) there, too. I'm consuming them so fast!!

So now I want to tell you, faithful blog follower, what I'm reading and what I think of it when I finish. I'm thinking I'll write about books on Wednesdays each week. What do you think?


No comments: