Saturday, March 24, 2012

SOLSC: Go Go Go

Whoa! Where did this week go? I came to the blog to check out the ones I follow and my last post was last Monday. Sigh. How did I fall off the SOLSC boat so quickly? Time to catch up with what's been happening this week, even though it's only going to be one post. Tuesday was a crazy day, as in where did I put all the stuff I did in so little time? After a full school day I shot Senior Superlative photos for another hour, attended a Relay for Life meeting for an hour and then had dinner out with David. It was a nice way to relax after running around like mad for the day. Wednesday I worked, caught up with my dear co-worker Stephanie and headed to another high school in our district to hear David's band play for their State adjudication. Woohoo, they earned a Superior!! Just another great day at the office, I suppose ;) Thursday I worked, taught my two night clasaes and then had a late dinner before seeing the Hunger Games at midnight. I learned a lot about myself that night: I am too old for a midnight premiere1 It took a lot to stay awake between the end of my second job and when the movie started. It didn't help that we went to a really nice theater an hour away to see the movie; it was almost 4:00am (yes, you saw that right) when I finally got into bed Friday morning. Needless to say, worth every minute! Friday (once I stirred) Johnathan and I set off for Greensboro to visit with our friends and their new baby. This was the first time we met Genevieve and she could not be sweeter. For 8 days old she was pretty tolerant of all the "I want the baby" that was going around. She's so cute and my friends are doing great as parents. Saturday, bringing us full circle, we did some shopping in Greensboro before watching an indoor percussion performance. My best friend is bascially a band program rock star: his group won first place in their class! The show itself is great: it's based on computers which held Johnathan's attention while I watched for other performance elements. Congratulations, love! We're home and settled back in with our little dog, who may not speak to us for a while because we left her at the kennel to spend the night Friday. I've been on the go all week and am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow as I prepare for a short school week; 3 days then an early release day Thursday followed by a workday Friday. Let the chaos begin!

1 comment:

Stephanie McCabe said...

Wow! You totally make me tired!! You need some rest, haha....