Thursday, March 8, 2012

SOLSC: 8 things for March 8

I have to admit at this point in the challenge I am running low on steam! I know it is terribly early in March to be feeling so drained of writing ideas, but I feel like I go go go and then when I stop to write I don't have much to say. So, I'm going to find 8 positive things to mention from the month of March thus far.

Lindsey's 8 for the 8th

1. I have a lunch date with my brother and sister-in-law Saturday before the percussion and guard show. So excited to see them and catch up!

2. I got a cute new hair cut and color for spring, hello blonde highlights and a bob!

3. More than one student at my school has approached me about raising money for the KONY2012 movement through Invisible Children.

4. I finally broke out my trusty Rainbow flip-flops for this year. Oh, how I have missed them! While I really like winter sweaters, boots, scarves and jackets if we really aren't getting any snow, then bring on warmer weather!

5. I am reading Lauren Oliver's Pandemonium, the sequel to her novel Delirium and loving it. I'm so glad I'm giving myself a chance to make reading a priority again.

6. I found a new favorite song called "That's What Makes You Beautiful" by a group called One Direction. Looks like the boy band trend is coming back, and as someone who loves pop music I couldn't be happier about it!

7. My students and I just started studying Gothic Literature, which is my favorite part of the 11th grade curriculum so there is fun to be had in the next few weeks as my students read some fabulous stories and then compose their own.

8. I am healthy, safe and loved. I have family and friends who believe in me and support me no matter how many times I fail or am rejected. We may be a small family but we have toughed it out together and seen the other side. I am grateful for the role of them has played in my life thus far and I cannot wait to see what memories we will make in the future.

Ah, that felt good.

No comments: