Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

December 24: Dinner, lots of laughs, and a surprise
Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's house is by far the best part of our holiday happenings. We get a little dressed up for dinner and the food is always so good. This year we had prime rib, mashed potatoes, rolls and asparagus. Of course there was good wine and dessert, too!
Before we left for Mom's, I was working on my hair and makeup when Johnathan told me he had something he wanted me to wear to dinner. He pulled out two boxes, which contained a beautiful ruby pendant (my birthstone) and matching earrings. To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. There were tears for sure :) I'm such a lucky girl!

December 25: Snow, Snow, Snow!
We didn't wake up to a winter wonderland, but there was definitely one by the time we got home last night and put all the gifts away. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays all year, because I get to spend time with my family, especially since my brother moved to Winston and I don't see him as much as I would like. The snow started about 1pm while we were at Johnathan's grandmother's house, and as of 10:32 this morning (as I'm writing) it hasn't stopped. It is SO beautiful outside!

Christmas this year is a little extra special, because this time last year Johnathan's iron levels were terribly low and we were anticipating his colonoscopy. And while we didn't know at Christmas that Johnathan had cancer, it was only 3 days later that he was diagnosed. When we got the news about the tumor, I had no idea where we would be in the next weeks, and I wasn't even thinking about the next Christmas. One thing about having no information about a person's prognosis is that you can't prepare, which is difficult for someone like me who lives by her planner. I am happy to report that Johnathan's progress has been above and beyond any expectations we had, and that's the best gift anyone could receive.

Johnathan and I and our little Macy dog hope you had a beautiful holiday with your loved ones!


No comments: