Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude

In honor of the Turkey-Day tradition upon us this week, here's a list of what I'm most thankful for in 2010:

1. A loving, supportive family. I could not have made it through some of the tough times I've experienced without them, especially my mommy <3

2. A husband who is a fighter, and a survivor. I love you, Johnathan!

3. My closest friends, who have seen me fall and helped me get back up. The best part, though, is that it doesn't take a difficult situation to bring out the best in them; they're naturally good like that.

4. A job. Even in its most maddening configuration, it's regular pay, and sometimes the kids are really great. My coworkers for the most part aren't too bad, either :)

5. Music. It doesn't matter what I'm going through or feeling, there's music for it. The right song can lift me out of the dumps fast!

6. Words, Words, Words. I can't say enough about how writing in a journal, writing on this blog and reading good books soothes me and helps me center myself.

7. The ability and freedom to think, feel and express myself. The experiences I have daily continue to shape me into the adult I hope to one day become. Without this unique set of experiences, I wouldn't be who I am.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones,

No comments: