Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recipe of the Month: Cajun-Seasoned Pan-Fried Chicken

I'll admit it: nothing takes away a bad day like southern comfort food, like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. And that's exactly what I made on Wednesday this week :)

You can access the recipe (originally from Southern Living) here. My mom has made this a few times and it is so good, and I couldn't help but try it out. I have to say that the cornmeal really makes a difference when the chicken is being fried, and I also love that it doesn't require an egg. The cornmeal can burn really easily, so be careful with heat settings, but it is worth the extra time. I served mine with macaroni and cheese and baked beans, but I think any classic "southern" side dish would work well, especially sweet potato fries with lots of black pepper!

Dinner was yummy; my husband loved it :)
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Sara Strand said...

This sounds great! I printed it out and I'm going to try it on my next biweekly dinner menu. :)